Sunday 18 November 2012

VBAC Vs C-SECTION

I've been thinking a lot about which option of delivery I would like for our next little blessing. After the trauma of almost dying during labour and our little angel passing, I know the next delivery will be all together different. (As will be the pregnancy) Knowing there is a possibility of delivering naturally confuses the situation somewhat. Either way I can make positive. 

But when I look at my pros and cos below, I realised my main 'push' for having a VBAC would be my pride. But having a healthy baby definitely eclipses my pride. 


VBAC
C-SECTION
Positives -
Mentally and physically I know I am capable of having a natural labour.

The only thing stopping me from having a natural birth for Chloe was the embolism, i dilated to 10cms and started pushing.

I can be very determined when i want to be

I would be so proud.


Negatives
Fear of trauma again/ fear that the baby may be affected by something else.

Positives -
Far more guarantee /confidence that the baby will be born safely. 

I can organised everything with family and friends for the day/for the week. Support from day 1.

We can have an amazing 'last' dinner

 I could go and get my hair done manicure/pedicure etc and make an event of the last few days before. 

 I don’t remember the c-section being an issue. (I had greater problems to deal with) I don't worry about it being particularly difficult. 


Negative
No driving for 6 weeks, a little delicate for a while. 


K.


No comments:

Post a Comment