Wednesday 28 November 2012

After loss – getting back into the world of babies and pregnancy.


Initially, after we came out of hospital we of course knew we wanted to try for another baby soon, but it would be 6 months away, and we were grieving. So baby/kid stores were avoided, facebook was soon avoided due to friends having successful deliveries. All my favourite movies where stories of pregnancies and 3 months on I am still avoiding. Certainly labour stories I avoid like the plague now.

3 Months on, how have things developed?

Well I have met a dear friend’s baby girl. Hearing of her successful  birth ( no details, just that she had had her little girl) was a very difficult time for us, so it was quite a big step to meet this special little girl. Thankfully its been a wonderful experience and I am soaking up all the hugs I can. This certainly took out the sting for me, so other little babies were not so scary, and I slowly started to creep back into baby stores.

I had a voucher for baby bunting, a voucher I had been looking at in despair since arriving home. So I finally made the decision to go and find a gift I could buy for our next baby. I spend 1 hour in the store, seeing pregnant women, newborns and looking at all items in the store. Another hurdle done!!

Chloe is very much respected, honoured and I have made some art for her and our little family. I have picked up a few necklaces to keep her with me always and we have had little 'Chloe rings' made up for my husband and I. 

I don't think i'll be able to watch or hear about labour stories as I used to, but I'm grateful to be able to think about our next baby, nicknamed LB with fondness and excitement. 

K

No comments:

Post a Comment